The Idea behind Letterospective
Calligraphy is an amazing and beautiful part of our culture. ‘Letterospective’ is the art as seen through the works and eyes of one artist. It also shows how the IndianCalligraphy can become a viable and respected profession. Apart from sharing my life’s experiences, this initiative is an attempt to inspire young artists and at the saame time convey sincere thanks to all those who have inspired me.
What will you see in ‘Letterospective’?
- From Blackboards to canvas – The transformation of letters and manifestation of thoughts on paper using various tools and medium.
- The metamorphosis of an idea, notion or a philosophy into design.
- Larger Than Life Demonstrations
- Calligraphic work done in India and Abroad
- Photo memories and videos
What will you read?
- Words straight from my heart –My thoughts, experiences and experiments with calligraphy.
- Views of experts, celebrated artists and eminent personalities about my work and the art form (Shri. Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Gulzar Ji, Nana Patekar, eminent calligraphers like Prof. Werner Schneider, Prof. R. K. Joshi, Katharina Pieper, Paul Antonio and more)
What will you experience?
- One Letter … One Dialogue
- One Letter… One Design
- One Letter… One Breath
- One Letter… One Creation