Applicants Please Note:
Jehangir Art Gallery
161/B, M.G Road Fort, Mumbai – 400 001. Phone : 22843989
Website : www.jehangirartgallery.com
Ref. No. GB/887/2016- 17
Dated : 10/08/2016
Kindly mention this number_________ on your Bio – Data
This has reference to your application for booking of exhibition space in our gallery between January to June 2018. The Booking Sub Committee is expected to meet soon to consider your application in hand. We request you to send us specimens of your exhibits and Bio – Data, to facilitate the Booking Committee for taking suitable decision.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ' ' REMARKS IS RELEVANT TO YOUR APPLICATION
||C.D CONTAINING FIVE OF YOUR RECENT WORK.
ALONG WITH BIO–DATA AND SELF PHOTOGRAPH(JPEG FORMAT)
||EACH PARTICIPATING ARTIST IS REQUIRED TO
SUBMIT C.D WITH THREE OF HIS RECENT WORKS
ALONG WITH BIO – DATA AND SELF PHOTOGRAPH
- Your specimens and bio-data are required to reach the Gallery between 15/11/2016 to 21/11/2016 failing which the booking Sub Committee will be unable to consider your application. “Any changes regarding Address or participating artists should be given in writing”.KINDLY NOTE
CDs WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
- An artist is allotted gallery booking after a period of three years from the date of his/her last exhibition. (January to June/July to December) and
as the period of three years is not completed your application for the period January to June 2018 is rejected.
- As you are having a show/On waiting list in our gallery your application for the period January to June 2018 is rejected.
- As there are various artist with the same name, it is difficult for us to know as to the applicant is the same who had applied before, kindly let us know whether you had your booking from ___ to ___ .In case you have the same do not send the C.D of your work for approval.
How to Apply (Rules regarding booking)
- Application Forms will be issued in the month of September (except Bank holidays & Sundays.) In case of outstation D.D. of Rs.250/- should be sent to Jehangir Art Gallery 161 Kalaghoda, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001. The same should be submitted in the office duly filled in the same year. 1st October to 31st December
- The application form shall be signed by the person who wishes to make use of the Gallery or represent the organisation or group wishing to exhibit in the Gallery.
- Allotments of exhibition space are made by a special Booking Committee consisting of senior artists and experts in the field.
- At every meeting, exhibition space will be offered to artists or art institutions which are considered to be most deserving among the applicants. Every effort will be made to accommodate all those artists or art institutions who are approved by our committee. Those who cannot be accommodated will be put on a waiting list and will be offered gallery space against cancellations.
- The Booking Committee reserves the discretion of the refusal of any application. Rejection of an application however is not the aspersion on the quality of the artist's work
- The Gallery Administration will write to each applicant regarding the decision.
- As an essential convention an artist is allotted the gallery space only once in three years due to large number of applications.
- Applicants will be intimated by the gallery office regarding submission of their specimens. (Do not send slides photographs/bio-data along with the application form). The Booking Committee reserves the discretion of the refusal of any application.
- W.E.F. 2010 Commercial Galleries will be allotted an exhibition space after a period of 2 years.
- Major art societies which have been organizing their annual shows for decades are exempted from the rules no. 8 & 9.
- The Committee will allot normally seven days per exhibition and reserves the right to allot any gallery as per its discretion.
For information in Marathi click here.